- Ph.D. - Jamia Hamdard (Delhi, India)
- M.B.A. - AMU (Aligarh, India)
- B.Sc (Honors) – University of Delhi (Delhi, India)
Dr Lubna Nafees’ research interests include sustainable and conscious consumption, social networks and social media. Her work has been published in Journal of Macromarketing, Food, Quality and Preference, Journal of the Association for Consumer Research, Journal of Public Affairs, Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice, Journal of Food Products Marketing, The International Journal of Management Education, among others. She has also presented her research at national and international conferences such as Academy of Marketing Science, American Marketing Association, Association for Consumer Research, Society for Marketing Advances, Marketing Management Association, International Conference on Food Studies, Institute of Food Technologists Annual Meetings and INFORMS Marketing Science Conference. She has co-authored a book on Family Managed, Multinationals and Public Sector Enterprises: The strategic choices for global competitiveness and has four edited books Brands Rising as Products Fall, Brand Research, Innovative Management Education Pedagogies for preparing next generation leaders and New Age Admission Strategies in Business Schools. Her case studies appear in WDI Publishing, Ivey Publishing and the Case Centre.
- Nafees, L., Hyatt, E. M., Garber, Jr., L., Das, N. & Boya, U.O. (2022). Segmenting Indian Millennial Organics Consumers: An Exploratory Study, Food, Quality and Preference, 96, 104375, ISSN 0950-3293, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodqual.2021.104375
- Perera, B.Y., Albinsson, P.A., Nafees, L. & Matthews, L. (2022). Collaborative Consumption Behavioral Intentions: A Cross-Cultural Study of Indian and US Consumers, Journal of Global Scholars of Marketing Science, DOI: 10.1080/21639159.2022.2052341
- Nafees, L., Cook, C. M., Nikolov, N. & Stoddard, J. E., (2021). Can Social Media Influencer (SMI) Power Influence Consumer Brand Attitude? The Mediating Role of SMI Perceived Source Credibility, Digital Business, 1(2), DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.digbus.2021.100008
- Nafees, L., Gupta, R., Banerjee, S., Kalia, S. & Mehdi, M. (2021). Netflix Inc. In India: Expanding to Success, Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies, 11(2),1-31, https://doi.org/10.1108/EEMCS-10-2019-0285
- Perera, B. Y., Ray Chaudhury, S., Albinsson, P. A., & Nafees, L. (2021). This is Who I am: Using Instagram as Counterspace for Shared Ethnic Identity Expressions, Journal of the Association for Consumer Research, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1086/713288
- Chaudhury, S., Nafees, L. & Perera, B. Y. (2020). “For the Gram:” An Exploration of the Conflict between Influencers and Citizen-Consumers in the Public Lands Marketing System, Journal of Macromarketing, https://doi.org/10.1177/0276146720956380.
- Nargundkar, R.V., Nafees, L. & Kushal, S. (2020). Young Adults and their Digitally Extended Selves: Assessing the impact of Gender, Journal of Public Affairs; e2064. https://doi.org/10.1002/pa.2064
- Nafees, L., Hyatt, E. M., Garber, Jr., L. & Das, N. (2020). Exploration of the organic food- related consumer behavior in emerging and developed economies: the case of India and the US, International Journal of Management Practice: Vol. 13: No. 5, Inderscience. DOI: 10.1504/IJMP.2020.110036
- Nafees, L., Gupta, R., Banerjee, S., Kalia, S. & Mehdi, M. (2019). Netflix in India: Too Good a Market to Give Up! Journal of International Business Education, Neilson Journals Publishing.
- Albinsson, P., Perera, Y., Nafees, L. & Burman, B., (2019). Collaborative Consumption Usage in the US and India: An Exploratory Study, Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice, 27:4, 390-412, https://doi.org/10.1080/10696679.2019.1644956
- Garber, L., Hyatt, E. & Nafees, L., (2016). The Effects of Analogous Food Color on Perceived Flavor: A Factorial Investigation, Journal of Food Products Marketing, 22(4), 486- 500. https://doi.org/10.1080/10454446.2015.1072866
- Garber, L., Hyatt, E. & Nafees, L., (2015). The Effects of Food Color on Perceived Flavor: A Factorial Investigation in India, Journal of Food Products Marketing, https://doi.org/10.1080/10454446.2014.885864
Teaching: Digital Marketing, Integrated Marketing Communications, Social, Mobile, Analytics and Cloud Marketing (SMAC), Social Media Marketing, Brand Management, International Marketing.
Research Interests: Consumer Behavior in Social Networks and Social Media, Sustainable and Conscious Consumption, Cross-cultural Research, Marketing education and pedagogy.
Title: Associate Professor
Department: Department of Marketing & Supply Chain Management
Email address: Email me
Phone: (828) 262-7081
Fax: (828) 262-6192