The Marketing Path
In Appalachian State University's Marketing (BSBA) degree program, students learn to drive industry initiatives that develop customer satisfaction and retention, contribute to company profits and build connections with suppliers, distributors, and the community. Marketing students gain hands-on experience by identifying problems, developing plans, and implementing effective marketing programs.
Offerings Fall 2017 - Summer 2018
Marketing majors may choose from two concentrations - General Marketing or Sales. The department also offers minors in professional selling (for business majors), sales for non-business majors) and general marketing (for non-business majors).
- Marketing-General Marketing Concentration (B.S.B.A.) link
- Marketing-Sales Concentration (B.S.B.A.) link
- Marketing: Minor for students not majoring in the College of Business link
- Marketing: Professional Selling Minor for business majors not majoring in marketing with a sales concentration link
- Marketing: Sales Minor for students not majoring in the College of Business link
Marketing professor's research on consumer behavior published in Journal of Consumer Marketing
Research on consumer decision making from Walker College Marketing Professor Ilgim Dara Benoit was recently published in the Journal of Consumer Marketing. [More]
Alumni Spotlight: Boone Film Festival co-Founder Jason Berry '02 MGT, MKT
Marketing alumnus Jason Berry '02, a local entrepreneur from Hickory, NC, earned his Appalachian degree before co-founding the Boone Film Festival in 2015. [More]
Walker College adds course in storytelling and social media to dynamic curriculum
Marketing alumnus' insights on Scottish advertising featured on Huffington Post
"Brand USA is deeper than burgers," wrote Walker College Marketing Alumnus Eric Klein '12 in an article published recently to the Huffington Post. [More]